Which states enforce the digital signature process?
Forty-seven states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands have adopted the Uniform Electronic Transactions
Act (UETA) promulgated by the Uniform Law Commission (also known as the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform
Three states, Illinois, New York and Washington, have not adopted the uniform act, but have statutes pertaining to electronic
Illinois: 5 ILCS 175/1-101
New York: NY CLS State Technology § 301 et seq.
What is a Click-wrap Agreement?
Click-wrap agreements are contracts formed entirely over the Internet. We at Griot International are using this method to make it
easier to enter an agreement between a Client and our firm. We have posted our contractual terms in our Contract Center pursuant
to which we offer publishing, web development & Contractees for hire. To receive these services, the Client is required to indicate
his/her assent to be bound by the terms of our offered services. Once the Client indicates his/her assent to be bound, the contract is
formed based on the posted terms, and the agreement is consummated. No paper record is created nor is the inked signature of the
What is a digital signature?
A digital signature (standard electronic signature) takes the concept of traditional paper-based signing and turns it into an electronic
“fingerprint.” This “fingerprint,” or coded message, is unique to both the Griot International and the Client and binds us together.
Digital signatures make entering an agreement quick and easy while providing a secured platform to ensure the authenticity of the
signer/Client. Any changes made to the document after it has been signed invalidate the signature, thereby protecting against
signature forgery and information tampering.
Here Are A Few Ground Rules To Keep Us All On The Same Page:
• (A) We have displayed our Contract terms for the prospective Clients to view on our website BEFORE digitally signing;
• (B) You, the Client will be asked to accept or reject our terms by clicking on buttons saying "I consent to electronic receipt" or "No,
• (B) You, the Client will not be permitted to enter into any agreement with Griot International, LLC™ unless you indicate assent to be
bound by the terms of the contract.
How to Electronically Sign Your Contract
2. Once on the "contract" page, you have the option of viewing it online, or you can download the entire contract in PDF or Word
3. After viewing the binding document, click the "contract" icon at the bottom of the contractual text to navigate to the Agreement
4. Fill in all fields of the contractual form. Don't worry, your information is safe with us. To verify that it is, just click the set of keys
where you see them and view our security certificate. Check to see if the web address stated on the certificate matches the address
you see in the URL.
Also, check the Certificate Status for the active dates of the certificate:
5. After completing the form, check for accuracy:
• A. Choose if you are consenting to signing your contract electronically or you prefer to use our email method.
• B. Make sure that you check all appropriate boxes.
• C. Make sure that you enter your legal name. If you are using a Pseudonym or a Pen Name, there is a place for you to enter that
• D. Include a working email address. This is how we will correspond with you to send important information such as contracts,
upcoming sales, etc. We will also contact you via your address if you need to reset your passwords in our billing system.
• E. Enter the title of your work if applicable.
• F. Enter your address, phone number, city, & state.
• G. Enter your website address if applicable.