Option 3: Sign in using your URL https://yoursite.com/cpanel. Enter your credentials (username & password) GriotSites Login is: https://catera.websitewelcome.com:2083
2. Requesting a New cPanel Password Top If you have lost or forgotten your cPanel password, you have 2 ways to retrieve it: 1. Check your "welcome" email that you received when you first signed up with GriotSites.com. 2. Contact our Support team to have us reset your cPanel. You will be asked to verify that you are the Authorized account owner. Be prepared to provide us with your Griot Code and the last 4 digits of the credit card you used last.
3. If I change my cPanel password, will it affect my other passwords? Top The main username and password are the same for cPanel login, FTP login, and MySQL database access. When you change your cPanel password, this also changes your main FTP password and main database password. Any FTP users and Database users you created are not affected. Email accounts you created are not affected. 4. Secure cPanel Login Top Use https and your IP address, followed by the secure port number: https://YourSitesIPAddress:2087
5. How to change the password of your cPanel account Top There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended to change your password at least once a month. It is also recommended to have the password be alphanumeric so it is difficult to guess. Read how to change your password here.
6. Why Can't I Log into My cPanel or Webmail? Top Most networks have a firewall setup to block access to the ports required for cPanel and webmail. No need to worry, just use the proxy connections instead.
With our Shared hosting accounts, users have access to a control panel that contains the admin functions of their account. Generally, access to cPanel can be granted by using the following syntax:
http://yourdomain.com:2082 (if you get a browser warning, just change the 2082 to 2087).
Unfortunately, the above URLs may cause a problem for some users as it attempts to connect to port 2082; this is an uncommon port and may be blocked by corporate and public firewalls, thus preventing access by the user. For an alternative, use https://catera.websitewelcome.com:2083 to log in.
7. GriotSites.com X3 Skin Top Shared hosting accounts use this control panel style. It includes GriotSites.com branding and some additional links unique to shared accounts.
8. How Do I Backup/Restore/Move from One cPanel Host to Another? Top If you just ordered a new hosting plan, you are in luck! GriotSites offers free content transfers within the first 30 days of signup. If you are not eligible for a free content transfer, you are still welcome to submit a ticket to our Migrations department to request a price quote.
Although it is not recommended, if you wish to move your Web Property manually, please follow the instructions here for the situation that applies to you.
9. How to View Website Statistics in cPanel Using AWStats Top When you have a website online, you may want to keep track of how many people are visiting your site. cPanel offers several built-in statistic reports, and AWStats is one of the more popular programs. Click here to learn more about Awstats and how to view them from your cPanel.
10. How to Access phpMyAdmin from cPanel Top To access phpMyAdmin from cPanel, simply log in to cPanel and click the phpMyAdmin icon in the Databases section.
11 How Can I Change My Control Panel Username? Top A username is a vital piece of your hosting account. Unfortunately, you may not change the user name associated with your control panel. Once it is set, there are vital components using that name. Some of those settings are used by your Web Property, and are not controlled by GriotSites.
12. cPanel Video Tutorials Top We have set up step-by-step movies on how to do nearly everything with your account. Tutorial Videos can be found here. 13. What is cPanel? Top cPanel is a web hosting account management tool available on all GriotSites hosting plans. You only get one username per cPanel. If you create addon, parked and subdomains, those domains can be accessed by logging in to your main cPanel; you will not have a separate cPanel or separate login credentials.
14. What is QuickInstall? Top QuickInstall, our in-house script auto-installer, is functioning on all GriotSites.com plans. This auto-installer makes installing scripts easy. Additionally, QuickInstall will automatically upgrade your scripts to the latest available version.
15. CPAddons Top We do not offer CPaddons. You will need to QuickInstall for all your script needs, or download similar scripts online.
16. Incorrect DiskSpace and Information in cPanel: Top Your cPanel keeps disk space usage for your entire account, including email accounts, databases and other applications. Disk space usage figures are cached for faster interactions. The numbers will refresh once every 4 hours.
Databases If you import a database and can see all of the tables and data, then the data is saved and is using disk space. Your cPanel may still show 0 MB, but this will be updated within 24 hours.
Email Accounts If you purge many emails from the trash and can see the folder is empty, then the emails are gone and are no longer using disk space. Your cPanel may still show 20 MB being used, but this will be updated within 4 hours
17. Backup File Types - cPanel Top When you have a backup file, you will need to know what type of backup it is so you can know what is saved inside. Below are examples of the format for the various backup file names along with descriptions to help you determine the contents of a backup. Read more here.
18. Using Network Tools in cPanel Top One of the most useful tools in cPanel that is often overlooked is the Network Tools function. Oftentimes, when your site is not working properly, GriotSites Web Specialists use networking tools similar to this feature in cPanel to help diagnose common issues that prevent your site from functioning. Read here to learn more about how to use Network Tools.
9. Terms, Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy - Click Here. Top