1. Where do I start if I want to write a book? Top The first place to start is in your heart. If you have been given a vision on a topic or an idea, then by all means, write it down. With my experience, it is better to write down the things that come to your thoughts right away. If you wait, more than likely you will either forget that amazing thought or you will not remember it as vividly as the first time it came into your thoughts. Visit our publishing Web Property for more information to help you with this process.
2. What exactly is an Author Site?Top An Author Site is a Web Property that is designed to display an Author's book as well as provide a gateway for book sales. Your author website should be the center of all your online marketing efforts. Author Sites work in conjunction with social networking sites to gain potential readers. Use social sites to send traffic to your Author Site where you have complete control.
3. I have a facebook and twitter page, why do I need an Author Site? Top Image is everything. And in today's world, a company without a website is a company without a face. Readers want more from their authors than a Facebook or a twitter page. They want more information and more interaction with the Author. With your own website, you can deliver more of what your audience craves from you. But more importantly: You control the content. You control the look and feel. You control the e-commerce. In short, with your own website, you can create a home that can act as the center for all you online marketing efforts. Besides, what if these social sites shut down? You would lose all of your content and be forced to start from scratch. This can be very discouraging don't you think?
4. What is the difference between an Author Site and a Blogsite? Top A BLOG is a type of a website (Web log= Blog). Website is a general term. (site on web=website). Blogs are generally more informally presented to the visitors. Blogs (taken from the phrase "web logs") were originally created for personal journaling. Now people use them in place of a website, or in some cases, they own both. The language used is often much simpler than on websites. Blogs are more like newspapers. Covering a vast variety of topics. A blog is a series of content (called "posts") that are usually organized by date with the most recent post showing first. Many blogs also have the posts organized by category for convenient browsing.
People who read blogs often use a functionality called RSS, which allows them to subscribe to your blog's content with an RSS reader. When they open up their reader, they can see the latest headlines from your blog at a quick glance.
Blogs have comment forms at the end of every post that allow the readers to give the author feedback and interact with other readers. Other benefits of a blog are as follows: Author can update blog almost daily; Articles appear in reverse-chronological order; and blogs are frequently crawled by Search Engines which gives the Author more exposure.
A Web Property is Just like a blog, it is a collection of content called web pages. Unlike a blog, the pages are not usually organized by date. With websites, you have a more control of your site's layout because it's easier to work directly with the code.
5. Should I Start With a Blog or a Website? Top There's no right or wrong answer to this. Which one you start with depends on you. Due to the way people read blogs, it's best to create a blog if you have a lot of "newsy" and fresh information to write about on a topic, and you should be able to produce new content on a consistent basis.
Websites tend to have more evergreen information and there isn't as much pressure to keep writing new content all the time. The information on a website is more static and often contains reference information that people would want to bookmark and return from time to time.
Whatever you do, please start with one or the other. Don't try to create both because you'll be overwhelmed with trying to market them. Take one thing at a time.
6. How long does it take to have a custom splash page built for my book? Top Our normal turn-around time for a Splash Page is 72 hours. It all depends on how fast we receive the needed content to create the Author Site. 7. What do I get with my Author Site? Top Please visit the appropriate page to view our different Author packages.:
8. How many pages do I get with the Author Site Splash Page? Top A basic Splash Page is a static one page site. Other pages can be added up to 4. 5 or more pages are considered a full website. 9. What if I need more pages for my Author Site? Top If you want to add more pages to your custom Author Site, contact us to submit a request. There is a $50 fee for each additional page. Author Sites that are built by you have the privilege of having unlimited pages. How ever many pages you build and add to your Site is how many you can have on your site. 10. Can I create my own site using templates instead of a custom site? Top Of Course! Using our templates is actually a cheaper way to make your presence known on the web. You don't need to know html codes; just need to know how to copy and past and there you have a website!
11. How are your other webhosting packages different than web hosting packages for Authors, Poets and Bloggers? Top All of our packages are available to all genres who need web hosting, but we have strategically put together special packages to assist writers in obtaining the web presence that their creativity needs. Check out our packages to find the perfect fit for you.
12. What types of Blogging platforms do you offer? Top -B2evolution: A blog script featuring multiple blogs, categories/sub-categories, skins, search function, multiple languages, search engines friendly URLs. -Nucleus: A powerful blog script featuring multiple blogs, multiple authors, drafts and future posts, bookmarklets. -WordPress: WordPress is a blogging software with a focus on ease of use, elegance, performance, and standards with a huge selection of themes and plugins. 13. Do you offer Sitebuilders? Top Of Course we do! We have 2 powerful Sitebuilders: Basekit and Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder
14. How do I obtain a personal Web address for my Author Site? Top If you build your own Author Site, you can obtain a personal domain in our Store. If we build you a custom Author Site, the personal domain name will be issued with the website package.
15. How do I obtain a personal email address for my Author Site? Please view our page here for details about personal email addresses. 16. Can I add photos and videos to my Author Site? Top Yes. You can add images and videos such as book trailers to your Author Site.
17. Do you offer tools to help my email list grow? Top For Custom Author Sites, we can add a Newsletter signup script so that you can collect the information of potential readers. View our packages to choose which items you need for your web presence.
18. Do you offer web marketing tools? Top Yes we do. You will find this information in your control panel.
19. Do You set up social sites for your Authors? Top Although social site setup is very simple to many, some may either don't fully understand it or don't have the time to set up and or manage a social media site. Visit our page here for more details.
20. Where can I find helpful tools for Authors? Top We have awesome tools for Inspiring and Aspiring Authors as well as Bloggers in our Author's Lounge. 21. Do you have any samples of your Author Sites? Top We thought you would never ask. Check out some samples here. 22. How do I put my writings into print? Top If you are desiring to put your writings into print, please visit us on our publishing Web Property @ Griot Publishing House for details.